Situated in the English Channel, within close reach of the Normandy coast, the island of Guernsey offers up beautiful sweeping beaches and a fantastic climate to relax in. Here are 5 of the best reasons for you to go on a Guernsey Holiday now.
- Explore the coastline and see parts that are impossible to reach by foot. All you have to do is join a kayaking trip that will take you along the coast, exploring inlets and seeing the beaches from a different angle.
- A visit to the Hauteville House, one of the main attractions on the island. You can walk the same paths that the famous French author, Vigo Hugo, did after he moved to the island after falling in love with it. His name might not be familiar but Les Miserables, which he wrote, will certainly ring a bell.
- Guernsey is a bird watchers paradise; there are over 300 species of birds living here. So dust off the binoculars and see what you can tick off the list.
- A stroll along the sweeping white sands of Ladies Bay is an absolute must do. It is by far the number one beach on the island; great for all the family, couples and those that love water sports. I would advise heading there at low tide to see it in all its glory.
- Take a step back in time and head down the tunnels that were built by the Germans during the Second World War. There’s a great war museum there as well which has a hospital and many other interesting artifacts.
Have you been to Guernsey or are you planning a trip soon? I would love to hear about your experiences, tips and stories if you have been. If you’re heading to the beautiful island soon please do share your plans and let us all know what you’re most excited about – I hope you have a great trip! All you have to do is pop your musings in the comment section below this article. Thanks guys!